Monday, February 23, 2009

About Dia de la Bandera

hey guys,
I just wanted to say how much I loved the event tonight.
I learned a lot from Professor Pizzigoni
and I learned even more from the rest of you.
I know we all have different viewpoints, but it was nice to hear it in terms of how we see one particular thing: our respective flags.
Anyways, I don't know if anyone would like to share stories here
if you were to shy to speak or have any response to what anybody said.
I think it'd be good if we kept some more discussion going.


OH!
I know I talked about the Mexican flag
but I really love how the little girl is wrapped in the flag
because obviously a huge part of me also identifies with the American flag.
I shot this picture during one of the marches ...




- Angelica Luz

1 comment:

beki said...

I loved the event too. I also think that it is very important to keep in mind the role this country plays in who we are just as much as I feel like we must respect our other heritage, be it Mexican, Puerto Rican, etc. I love my culture because it is one that I can define on my own. I know to what extent I feel Mexican and to what extent I feel American. It is all up to me and that is something nobody can take away. I loved burgers and nick at nite just as much as I liked my chilaquiles with el chavo del ocho sometimes. As long as we do not let others pinhole us into something we are not, I say, "IT'S All COOL!!"